25 Affirmations to Use in Drug and Alcohol Treatment
Written by Valiant Living Recovery on Sunday, August 1st, 2021
Affirmations are short, powerful statements that help you overcome your negative thoughts, manifest goals, and empower yourself. Using affirmative language builds confidence and motivates you to maintain your mental, physical, and emotional well-being. Here are 25 affirmations for individuals that are battling addiction:
- My life is free of drugs and alcohol and I am stronger than any temptation.
- I can and will remain sober today.
- I deserve health, happiness, and healing.
- I acknowledge my self-worth. I am a miracle and I matter.
- I deserve peace, grace, and healing.
- I respect my body, mind, and mental well-being.
- I am growing stronger and more confident each day.
- I alone am in full control of my life.
- I am proud of myself for making good decisions.
- My struggles, mistakes, and imperfections do not define who I am or who I will be.
- I release negative self-talk, intrusive thoughts, and self-hatred.
- I accept and love myself fully and unconditionally.
- I do not need validation from others. I’m perfect just as I am.
- I love the person I am and will continue to embrace and empower myself.
- I forgive myself for what I did under the influence.
- I am getting better every day and in every way.
- There is nothing I am not able to overcome.
- I believe in my abilities because I am intelligent and capable.
- I am a source of joy, love, and strength.
- I accept love and respect from myself and others.
- I am seen. I am heard. I am not alone.
- I am worthy of good things.
- I do not need drugs or alcohol to be happy.
- I am enough.
- There is hope. There is always hope.
Overcoming drug and alcohol addiction is a lifelong journey that, at times, can be difficult. However, self-affirming phrases provide encouragement, influence positive changes, and improve your self-esteem. Valiant Living offers a wide range of outpatient services for men that are looking to conquer substance use and mental health disorders. Our treatment programs offer you a safe, supportive place, where you can learn coping strategies to help you achieve long-term success in your recovery process. If you or someone you love has a problem with drugs or alcohol, contact us at (303) 952-5035.